TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Terms and Conditions apply to your use of any Tara Bhuyan Couture website and to any products you purchase from them; regardless of how you access the website, including any technologies or devices where our website is available to you at home, on the move or in store.
1. Placing Orders
a) To place an order you can either open an account with us, or you can login with an existing PayPal, or you can use our Guest Checkout. If opening an account with Tara Bhuyan Couture, you will be required to provide us with some compulsory personal information.
b) You confirm that all personal information provided to us by you is accurate, true to your knowledge, and kept up to date. You can, at any time, update or correct your details by logging in to your account.
c) When you create an account we will ask you to create a password to allow you to access your account and to maintain account security on this website. You are responsible for keeping your password and account information confidential.
d) We shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your personal information. Should you become aware of or suspect any unauthorized use of your account, please contact us.
e) If we are suspicious of any activity from your account that appears fraudulent, we can reserve the right to refuse you access to, and where necessary, delete your account.
f) If you use our Guest Checkout we will retain your personal information to process your order. If you already have an Account, we will attempt to match your personal data with your existing account information. If not, we will retain your information for future orders that you might make.
2. Order Acceptance
- Completion of checkout online does not constitute our acceptance of your order from us. You will be notified by email as soon as possible with confirmation that we are processing your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when we take payment from you and the dispatch of the product(s) is confirmed.
- We have the right, prior to dispatching the product(s) to decline an order for any reason, including legal and regulatory reasons.
- If we cannot supply you with all of the products you ordered, we will not process the parts of your order unavailable. We will inform you of this by email and, if you have already paid for the product(s), refund you in full for the item(s) as soon as reasonably possible.
- If the fulfillment of any aspect of an order would be illegal or unlawful, we have the right to stop or cease to fulfill the order at any time, including after dispatch of products or notification to you that the order is being processed. In such circumstances, you acknowledge that Tara Bhuyan Couture shall incur no liability.
- During the checkout process, you will be asked to enter your payment details. All fields indicated as compulsory must be completed.
- By completing payment details you confirm that the method being used to make payment belongs to you, or is in your name where an agreement is entered into with any credit or third-party provider.
- We do not store your payment information, however, third-party providers used by us may be using encrypted secure payment mechanisms that could store your data. Please see individual payment provider's websites for further information on how they hold your personal information collected at payment.
- We take full payment immediately for all products unless you sign up to pay for your order using our third-party credit provider. Card payments will be subject to authorization from your card issuer, and credit facilities subject to a credit check.
- Products ordered remain the property of Tara Bhuyan Couture until they have been collected in-store, or we have delivered them to the address specified by you.
- If you have already received the products you ordered from us, but your payment was not received, you must either pay for the items or return them to us in the same condition that you received them, in accordance with our reasonable return instructions and at your own expense. If you fail to do this within 30 days from the date on which we notify you of the cancellation of the order, we may arrange for the collection of the products at your expense.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any damage to the products that are the subject of an unpaid order.
4. Delivery and Collection Delivery
- Timescales and charges for delivery vary depending on the products ordered, your delivery address and country, and the delivery services available. You’ll find full details of our delivery charges at Checkout.
b. Delivery will be to the address or store specified in your order. If no one is available at a residential or other address at the time of delivery, our courier will advise whether your order has been left in a specified safe place, or returned to the depot/post office.
c. When the products are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order, all risks including loss or damage to the products shall pass to you.
- We shall be under no liability for any failure to deliver products when specified if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by circumstances beyond our control.
- International Delivery
- Due to customs, legal, regulatory and certain practical restrictions applicable to orders placed for international delivery, we reserve the right to define what products can and cannot be delivered to which destination.
- Tara Bhuyan Couture products are sold on the basis that delivery duty is unpaid. You, as the recipient, may have to pay import duty or a formal customs entry fee prior to or on delivery. Additional taxes, fees or levies may apply according to local legislation and before placing an order for international delivery, you are required to check these details.
- It will be your sole responsibility, where applicable to comply with any export controls or sanctions rules applied to products supplied to you.
- It will be your sole responsibility, where applicable to comply with any export controls or sanctions rules applied to products supplied to you.
- Where free delivery is offered over a spend threshold any returns that when refunded reduce the order below that threshold then the original delivery charge will be applied to the order and the refund reduced accordingly. Offer excludes gift cards. The basket value for the threshold is calculated after any promotions are applied to the order.
- We will make every effort to keep you informed should the supply of your product(s) be prevented or delayed for reasons beyond our control.
- We shall be under no liability to you for such delay or failure of products being delivered when originally specified.
- Changes to an Order
- Any changes to your order must be notified to us prior to their dispatch, and be in writing (via email).
- When an order is placed, you cannot make changes to your name or address once your order has been dispatched.
- If you amend or change your order this could lead to changes to your delivery timetable.
- If you amend or change your order you may also find the item is no longer available, or that the price has changed for which you may be charged.
1. Website Use
a. By accessing, browsing, placing an order on, registering with, or using this website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these conditions in their entirety. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions in their entirety, do not use this website.
c. Use of this website by you should only be for lawful purposes and you may not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else's enjoyment of the website.
d. Without our prior written consent, you must not copy, reproduce, edit, communicate to the public, deep-link into, or distribute in any way the web pages or materials on the website or the computer codes or elements comprising the website other than solely for your personal use.
e. Content of this website may not be used for any commercial purposes whatsoever.
2. Rights Ownership
a. All rights, including copyright and intellectual property rights used on, in and to this website are owned by or licensed to Tara Bhuyan Couture.
b. Use of the Website grants no rights to you concerning our intellectual property rights or that of third parties.
c. By submitting information (other than compulsory personal information when registering an account), text, photos, graphics or other content to the website, you confirm that you have the right to use the material and grant us a right to use such materials at our discretion, with or without accreditation in any media including, without limitation, to post and remove such materials from the website.
d. You further agree to execute all such submissions and do as we may reasonably require in order to assign any such rights to us and waive any moral rights you acquire on the website.
3. Ownership of Submissions
a. Other than personal information, all comments, blog posts, product reviews, suggestions, questions, images, product or marketing ideas and any other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Tara Bhuyan Couture on or through the website or otherwise by you shall become and remain our property once submitted.
b. You warrant that you own or have the right to use any submissions.
4. Social Networking Sites
a. These terms and conditions also govern any submissions you make on any Tara Bhuyan Couture-related third-party website or page such as our Facebook, Instagram or Youtube.
b. We are not responsible for any content or material posted by you on any third-party social networking site and it does not necessarily reflect the opinions or ideas of Tara Bhuyan Couture or its employees.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
a. By offering or disclosing any submissions, your agreement to these terms and conditions shall constitute an assignment to Tara Bhuyan Couture of any intellectual property rights.
b. Whenever you use a feature that allows you to upload to our site, or make contact with other users of our site, or make any submissions on any Tara Bhuyan Couture-related third party website, you must comply with the content standards set out in these terms and conditions.
c. We are not responsible for, nor do we endorse any third-party advertising on our pages of any social networking sites.
d. All rights, including copyright on our websites, and third-party pages are owned by or licensed to Tara Bhuyan Couture.
e. Any use of Tara Bhuyan Couture social networking pages or their contents, including copying or storing them in whole or in part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited unless we have given our permission in writing.
f. You confirm that any content you offer by submission is your own and does not infringe the intellectual property of others, including trademarks and copyrighted material.
- Any material you upload to our website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any material in the submissions for any purpose.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site or any Tara Bhuyan Couture-related third party social networking sites constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by any user of our website.
- We have the right to remove any submissions you make on our website if, in our opinion, such submission does not comply with the content standards set out by us.
- Rules for Submissions
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Suppliers or manufacturers are not eligible to post a review.
- You must be the author and owner of the intellectual property rights.
- Reviews should not include:
i. Offensive, abusive or otherwise inappropriate language;
ii. Blasphemy, discriminatory, profanity, racist, sexually explicit, sexually gratuitous, spiteful or comments or content that might be considered to be harassment, or threatening against the personal safety or property of others
iii. comments about other users commenting, reviewing or blogging on the site
iv. remarks about criminal accusations, false, defamatory or misleading statements
v. material impersonating others or personal information about anyone, including yourself, such as phone numbers, postal addresses or credit card numbers
vi. advertisements or spam material
vii. third party brand names or trademarks
viii. Computer script, HTML coding or website URLs
ix. availability, price, promotions or alternative ordering or delivery information
x. information about our suppliers or manufacturers
xi. unsupported claims about the product producing an effect other than that for which it is indicated
xii. references to any products other than the product to which the submission relates.
- Tara Bhuyan Couture, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to not publish the review, or remove reviews that do not comply with the terms and conditions.
If you require an immediate response from us or have a comment about our service please contact us directly for a quicker response.
- Accuracy of Content
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all representations and warranties, express or implied, that content or information displayed in or on this website is accurate, complete, up-to-date and does not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Any views expressed in user content are opinions of those users and do not represent the views, opinions, beliefs or values of Tara Bhuyan Couture.
- Damage to Your Computer or Electronic Device
- We use reasonable efforts to ensure that this website is free from viruses and malicious or harmful content, but we cannot guarantee that your use of the content or any links on this website will not cause damage to your computer or device.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right equipment, including antivirus software to use the website safely and to screen out anything that may damage or harm your computer or device.
- We shall not be liable, except where required by applicable law, to any user for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other malicious or harmful content that they access from or via this website.
1. Liability Exclusions
a) We exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and terms, whether express or implied to the fullest extent permitted by law.
b) We accept no liability for any losses or damages which are not reasonably foreseeable arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or your use of the website.
c) These exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian law. If any provision of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
d) Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or for fraud.
e) These terms and conditions shall also not limit or exclude any other liability that we are not permitted to limit or exclude under applicable law.
2. Assignment and Third Party Rights
a) We may update or amend these terms and conditions from time to time to comply with the law or to meet our changing business requirements without notice to you. Any updates or amendments will be posted on the website.
b) You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party unless we agree in writing.
c) We may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party at our discretion.
d) Only you and we shall be entitled to enforce these terms and conditions. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these terms and conditions, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
a. No relaxation or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall operate as a waiver of that right or remedy or shall affect our ability to subsequently exercise that right or remedy.
b. Any waiver must be agreed upon by us in writing.
a) If any of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the rest of these terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
4. Entire Agreement
a) Any matter that arises out of your use of this website (including any contract entered between you and us through the website) shall be governed by the law and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts.
5. Changes to these Conditions
a) We reserve the right to change and update these terms and conditions from time to time and recommend that you revisit this page regularly to keep informed of the current terms and conditions that apply to your use of the website.
b) By continuing to access, browse and use this website, you will be deemed to have agreed to any changes or updates to our terms and conditions.
6. Privacy and Cookie Policies
This website www.tarabhuyan.com (“Site”) is owned by Tara Bhuyan Couture (parent company Tara Bhuyan), a luxury retail brand with headquarters in New Delhi, India and Toronto, Canada.
The product information on this Site is provided for the convenience of our customers and Site users and is as accurate as possible. However, we make no guarantee, either express or implied, as to its accuracy or that the products displayed on the Site are always available. While we strive to provide our customers with truly exceptional service online and in our stores, we regret that sometimes, our products are out of stock or not available in a particular size or colour. We also welcome your feedback and suggestions regarding any errors that you find on our Site, so that we can promptly address them.
The fit of our clothing depends on the cut, fabric and style of each garment. Some garments are designed to have a looser, relaxed fit and some garments are styled to be more fitted. Please review our sizing guide to select the size best suited to you.
Product Properties and Wash Care
All of Tara Bhuyan Couture products are handcrafted using the finest natural fibres. The subtle variations in colour, texture and finish are intrinsic to handmade products. Our products involve crafts-based traditions of hand-weaving, dying, and embroidery. We use both vegetable dyes and commercial dyes intending to minimize our impact on the environment while striving for the best colour properties. An irregular weave is not a defect - handloom by definition means uncertainty when it comes to uniformity. All our fabrics are meant to be dry cleaned.
We have done our best to display as accurately as possible the colours of the products shown on this website. However, because the colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor display of any colour will be accurate. Reds and blues tend to run. All our fabrics are meant to be dry cleaned.
Links to Other Websites
Links to third-party websites from this Site must be specifically approved in advance by Tara Bhuyan Couture. You are not authorized to link any other website without our approval. Any approved links to websites not maintained by Tara Bhuyan Couture are provided solely as a convenience to our customers and visitors. If you use these links, you will leave this Site. Tara Bhuyan Couture does not control and is not responsible for any of these websites or their content. Tara Bhuyan Couture does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
The information provided on this Site is provided "as is" without any warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. Tara Bhuyan Couture further does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the information on this Site. Tara Bhuyan Couture may make changes to the information on this Site, or to the products and prices described at any time without notice. While we take steps to ensure that the information on this Site is up-to-date, there may be times when the information is outdated. Information published on this Site may refer to products, programs or services that are no longer available in your country or local area. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL TARA BHUYAN COUTURE, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THIS SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE DATA AND INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS SITE ARE BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE BUT SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON BY THE USER FOR ANY PURPOSE. ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE CONTENT OR ANY OMISSIONS FROM THIS SITE INCLUDING ANY INACCURACIES, ERRORS, OR MISSTATEMENTS IN SUCH DATA OR INFORMATION IS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. TARA BHUYAN COUTURE DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR THE USE OF TARA BHUYAN COUTURE PRODUCTS IN APPLICATIONS OTHER THAN THOSE FOR WHICH THEY ARE DESIGNED.
This Site is intended for residents of all the countries of the world. Tara Bhuyan Couture makes no representation that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in all countries. You may not use, export or re-export the materials on this Site or any copy or adaptations in violation of any applicable laws or regulations including without limitation U.S. export laws and regulations.
Tara Bhuyan Couture reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time. The terms on this page are binding upon you, therefore, you should review them often. Terms listed in this document may be superseded by specific terms elsewhere on the Site.
Tara Bhuyan Couture
Building No. 124, 2nd Floor,
Fashion Hub Street, Shahpurjat,
New Delhi – 110049
WhatsApp: +91 9678707184 (India) and +1 4169880470 (Canada)